DharamVigyaan

Om Namah Shivaaye

Why is it important to have a bath after attending funeral?

9 comments
In India i had seen it many times that People take bath after attending funeral. But most of these people in India and around the world do not know the actual reason behind it. So, I decided to do some research and find out the truth behind it and found out some really knowledgeable and must share stuff.

Why is it important to have a bath after attending funeral?


Well there are two type of belief behind this Tradition. One is traditional belief i.e. what people believe and other is scientific belief . We will talk about both traditional and scientific (or ancient) belief with some of its history one by one:

◾Traditional Belief (what people think):


After burying or cremating a dead body, when a person returns home, he must immediately proceed to take bath with the same clothes still on, otherwise the spirit of the deceased will haunt him. Sounds like superstition, doesn’t it? But the secret behind this is convincing enough.

◾Scientific (Ancient) Belief:


You have to realize that this custom originated many centuries ago. At the time the sanitation and cleanliness practices were different.Technology available was different. What we forget while following such rituals is that they might make sense in that era and may or may not make sense now. We have very recently started questioning the rituals that the Hindu religion follows. What we should keep in mind while doing that is - some ritual was performed because most probably it made sense 200 or more years ago. It may make sense now. We have to decide that.

Once a person is dead, the body looses it ability to fight bacteria and starts to decompose. The people who attend the funeral are exposed to the dead body and hence the bacteria that participate in the decomposition of a dead body. That is the reason why they are asked to bathe immediately after the funeral, before touching anything or anyone.

The fact that most of India falls in temperate zone also contributes in expediting the decomposition process. Not everyone provides cooling to the body, like laying the body on a slab of ice or such, to slow this process down. So, when the body is kept for a day or two there is some decomposition that occurs.

I have never been to a cremation ground, but I know that they are usually near a river. That makes the environment a little more favorable for the growth of bacteria.

Also, there might be scavengers around the cremation grounds which are usually a great carrier for bacteria. They feast on dead bodies of animals and birds that are in various stages of decomposition. They carry these bacteria to the cremation grounds.

Last but not the least, people are usually in great grief in the presence of the dead body. No body is thinking of usual routine like bathing. Once the body is cremated, they have to start the process of moving on. IMO bathing is a good way to do that.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post

9 comments:

  1. great read, always great to learn the different funeral traditions around the world. Thank you for sharing.

    Colonial Funeral Homes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wake up everyday with a smile on my face and sing praises to this good spell caster called Dr, Godday who has done me a great favor by rescuing my relationship from break up. I used to think that I have a perfect relationship till when my lover started coming home late and everyday he gives me different excuses then I decided to keep a close eye on him then I discovered that he was having an affair with another girl. I was heartbroken because i trusted him so much and knowing that he has a secret relationship it hurts me a lot. But I thank all those who placed the contact details of Dr, Godday on the Internet and today my relationship has been restored with love and care than ever before. If you are in any kind of relationship or marriage stress I will do you a favor by dropping the contact details of Dr, Godday which is via email: goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com Or Call/Whatsapp +1{919}4956404.

      Delete
  2. We at Kastoor Janaza Services, provide complete range of services from collection of dead body from place of death to home/janazgah, burial, guests arrangement, burial arrangement, catering services and Khtam-ul-quran or qul etc.
    http://www.janazaservices.com.pk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, I am Sharon. from Poland I want to use this medium to appreciate Dr Ogbeifun the great black magic death spells caster for the successful death spells he cast on someone for me. I contacted him when my husband left me for another woman who uses witchcraft power to take my husband. I was desperately in need of help when I found his contacts online about his genuine powers. I told him my situation and how I wanted the bitch who took my husband gone. He told me not to worry. He cast the death spells ritual on her and the bitch died in her sleep within 24hours. Now my husband is back home and we are living happily. Thank you so much Dr Ogbeifun, You are so real and true. Below is his contacts in case you want to contacts him
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348102574680 Email: ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for telling us the science behind the rich traditions of India.
    - successtrending

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone , I was totally broken when the love of my life left me it was so hard for me and I almost gave up if not for a friend who directed me to a very good and powerful man called Dr Ralph who helped me bring back the love of my life and now he treat me with so much love and care. I don’t know what kind of problem you are passing through but with what he did for me I know he can help you. So try and talk to him on WhatsApp on: +2347037816417 Or email at: Ralphspellsolution@gmail.com. He has a permanent solution to any type of problems such as: Lottery Spell, Love Spell, Power Spell, Psychic reading, Success Spell, Cure of any sickness, Pregnancy Spell, Marriage Spell,Job Spell, Protection Spell,Win court Case Spell, Luck Spell and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I’m someone’s mom!” Welcoming our first child, Cecily , at 12:24 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14. We are absolutely head over heels in love with Cecily, and parenthood is already the most insane and beautiful thing in existence, It's made me excited to have a little spitfire of a daughter of my own. I remembered when i found out i was pregnant 3years ago and was about to walk away from the musical. But at eight weeks, i had a miscarriage. i was so unhappy, until i seek help spiritually from Priest Babaka the herbal practitioner, who helps and guide me to get pregnant again, even at the trying times few weeks in April when i battled symptoms of the coronavirus including "a cough that makes it feel like my head is splitting open from the inside out, but luckily, the baby was okay with the Priest help. i am happy to finally be a mother, couples out there that needs help, trying to conceive a baby, contact Priest Babaka on babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka , you will definitely have a baby to make you a parent. He handle Pregnancy related cases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure I could have done it without you. I contacted a real spell caster that helped me change my husband’s heart to love and want me again, and he really did and now we are very happy together. My husband left me for another woman, This was just 3 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster called dr unity, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 11 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to dr unity . if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity for help now..
    Here his contact..WhatsApp him: +2348055361568 ,
    Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
    Watch this YouTube channel to know how grateful I am https://youtube.com/shorts/rBPtBktMmtA?feature=share

    ReplyDelete